Dr. Terry VAN GEVELT
Dr Terry VAN GEVELT is an Assistant Professor in Environmental Sustainability with joint appointments at the Department of Politics and Public Administration and the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Hong Kong. Dr VAN GEVELT's research interests are in environmental policy, energy policy, climate change adaptation, and sustainable development. His research has been published in leading journals, including Nature Climate Change, Environmental Science and Policy, Environmental and Resource Economics and Energy Policy. Dr VAN GEVELT is also Associate Editor for the journal Energy for Sustainable Development and is a Fellow at the Cambridge Centre for Environment, Energy and Natural Resource Governance. Previously, Dr VAN GEVELT held research and teaching positions at the University of Cambridge and consulted on a wide range of issues for the World Bank, among other institutions. He holds a BSc (Hons) from the University of Warwick and MPhil and PhD degrees from the University of Cambridge.
- 2019. The UK summer heatwave of 2018 and public concern over energy security (with S. Larcom and P.W. She). Nature Climate Change. Online first.
- 2019. Scaling the nexus: Towards integrated frameworks for analyzing water, energy and food (with S. McGrane et al.). The Geographical Journal. Online first.
- 2019. Do voluntary commons associations deliver sustainable grazing outcomes? An empirical study of England (with S. Larcom). Environmental and Resource Economics. Online first.
- 2018. Achieving universal energy access and rural development through smart villages (with C. Canales Holzeis et al.). Energy for Sustainable Development 43: 139-142.
- 2017. Indigenous community preferences for electricity services: evidence from a choice experiment in Sarawak, Malaysia (with C. Canales Holzeis et al.). Energy Policy 108: 102-110.
- 2017. Regulating the water-energy-food nexus: interdependencies, transaction costs and procedural justice (with S. Larcom). Environmental Science and Policy 72: 55-64.
- 2016. Insights from an energy poor Rwandan village (with C. Canales Holzeis et al.). Energy for Sustainable Development 32: 121-129.
- 2016. Precolonial institutions and deforestation in Africa (with S. Larcom and A. Zabala). Land Use Policy 51: 150-161
- 2014. Rural electrification and development in South Korea. Energy for Sustainable Development 23: 179-187.
- 2014. The role of state institutions in non-timber forest product commercialisation: a case study of Tricholoma matsutake in South Korea. International Forestry Review 16: 1-13.
- 2014. Community-based management of Tricholoma matsutake: a case study of South Korean mountain villages. International Journal of the Commons 8: 134-154.
- 2013. The economic contribution of non-timber forest products to South Korean mountain villager livelihoods. Forests, Trees and Livelihoods 22: 156-169.